The Family Law department at Bramhall Solicitors has developed a strong reputation for confident assistance in a wide range of matters including;
- Divorce and Separation
- Pre-nuptial and Separation Agreements
- Breakdown of Civil Partnerships
- Children matters including residence, contact and prohibited steps applications
- Ancillary relief
- Cohabitation agreements and disputes
- Applications to the court to deal with specific issues or to prevent children from being removed from the country
- Domestic Violence – non-molestation order applications (injunctions) and occupation orders
We recognise that where marriage breakdown and other family issues are involved our clients will require not only the highest quality legal advice but, also, a great deal of emotional support. Our aim will be to provide you with that support in a way that will help you through your situation with the minimum of trauma and stress.
We practice within the Law Society’s Family Law Protocol and those of “Resolution” (formerly the Solicitors Family Law Association), which means we will seek to resolve disputes in a non-confrontational manner wherever possible. We practice collaborative law. We ensure that the focus of any family dispute involving children is the children, and their welfare remains a priority throughout any instruction.
Whilst we work towards settling disputes by negotiation, keeping legal costs to a minimum we will always litigate aggressively if and when needed. If it does become necessary to go to court, our extensive knowledge of family law and court procedures will ensure that you are guided through the litigation process in the way which maximises your chances of achieving a successful outcome.
From the outset you will be looked after by a partner in the practice who will maintain a close link with you until the conclusion of the case.